The House narrowly prevented an impeachment effort against Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas with a 209-201 vote to refer the article of impeachment to the Homeland Security Committee.
Eight Republicans joined 201 Democrats to block this attempt. The eight representatives were:
- Cliff Bentz of Oregon
- Ken Buck of Colorado
- Tom McClintock of California
- John Duarte of California
- Darrell Issa of California
- Patrick McHenry of North Carolina
- Virginia Foxx of North Carolina
- Mike Turner of Ohio
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene forced the vote. Her resolution accused Mr. Mayorkas of allowing an “invasion” at the border.
“Mayorkas is breaking the law by not enforcing the law,” Ms. Greene said.
A comprehensive version of this article by Stephen Dinan can be found HERE
• Washington Times Staff can be reached at 202-636-3000.